Followers of the Zen path try to reach a total state of focus that incorporates a total togetherness of body and mind.
It is a way of being.
And it is a state of mind.
Zen has always been a practical philosophy and a lot of ways have been devised that help to reach the total emptiness of mind or even enlightenment.
They are called the”-do’s”:
- Kyudo: The Way of the Bow
- Kendo: The Way of the Sword
- Judo: The Gentle Way
- Karate-do: The Way of the empty Hand
- Aikido: The Way of Harmony
- Jodo: The Way of the ‘Jo’ Wooden Staff
- Iado: The Way of Drawing the Sword
- Chado: The Way of Tea
- Hitsuzendo: The Way of the Brush
- Kado: The Way of Flowers